*8 Fresh SINGOS Sausages (any variety)
*5 medium apples
*4 medium onions
*2 Tbls butter
*1 Tbsp mustard powder
*2 Tbl flour
*4 Tbl cider vinegar
*4 Tbl brown sugar
*salt, pepper to taste
1. Simmer the SINGOS Sausages, barely covered, in water until
cooked (about 10 minutes). Drain and put the liquid aside.
2. Peel and slice the apples and onions and place them in another pot with the butter, 1 tsp salt and 1 cup of the sausage poaching liquid.
3. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Add more liquid to pan if it starts to dry and catch. Stir gently.
5. Peel the sausages and slice thickly.
6. Sprinkle the slices with a mixture of the flour and mustard powder. Toss with the apples and onions. 7. Add the sugar, cider vinegar and some white pepper.
8. Put into a covered casserole and add enough sausage poaching liquid to almost, but not quite cover.
*Bake 1 hour at 170 degrees.
*Stand 5 minutes before serving.